- Parents/Guardians are responsible to supply all appropriate shoes & dance attire.
- Hair must be pulled up in a bun for ballet and in a ponytail for all other classes. If a child has short hair, their hair must be pulled back out of their face.
- No jewelry.
- No gum in class.
- No cell phones.
- No food or drinks (except water) may be brought into the classroom. If a child has a break, they may bring something to eat and drink, but must eat it in the locker room or counter in waiting room. All students are required to clean up after themselves.
- No street shoes are allowed on the dance floor.
- Dance shoes are NOT ALLOWED to be worn outside.
- Shoes must be purchased from Cartesion Dance Academy.
- Students who do not follow the dress code will be asked to observe class.
- Please be sure to write your child’s initials on the inside of their shoes, attire, bags, etc. with a sharpie marker.
- During the winter months, please keep street shoes outside the classroom. The salt will ruin the dance floors.
- Cartesion Dance Academy is not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to personal property. You may bring in your own lock and lock your belongings
in a locker. Locks must be removed after class.
- If you have any questions about the dress code, please feel free to ask Miss Cinthia.
Dress Code by Class
Dance with Me:
Light pink tights, plain pink or black leotard and either socks or bare feet. Hair must be pulled back in a bun or pony tail. The child’s dancing partner can wear anything comfortable that they are able to move in.
Tots in Tutus:
Light pink tights, pink or black leotard, pink ballet shoes. Hair must be pulled back in a bun or pony tail.
Fundamentals I, II, III:
Light pink tights, pink or black leotard, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes. Hair must be pulled back in a bun.
Ballet Classes – All Levels:
Light pink tights, pink or black leotard, pink ballet shoes. Students may wear a skirt if they would like. No shorts, pants, or other warm up attire unless teacher approves. Hair must be in a bun.
Jazz, & Tap Classes – All Levels:
Black or Pink leotard, pink, black or tan convertible tights or leggings, dance shorts/capris are optional. It is important that teachers can see body lines. Tan jazz shoes and black tap shoes are all ordered through the studio boutique and decided solely by the owner. Hair must be pulled back in a bun or ponytail with no hair in the face (excludes short bangs).
Hip Hop- All Levels:
Comfortable clothing that you can move in, such as shorts, sweatpants, pants, tank tops, T-shirts, etc. NO jeans, baggy pants that are over the bottom of your shoes, pajama pants, or inappropriate labels. Black hip hop sneakers purchased through the studio. Hair can be half up half down, ponytail, or bun.
Modern Classes- All Levels:
Black, pink or tan tights, black leggings, dance shorts, or gauchos and a black or pink leotard. Hair pulled back away from face in a ponytail or bun. There are no shoes required for this class, students dance barefoot.
Contemporary/Lyrical Classes – All Levels:
Pink, black or tan tights, black leggings, or dance shorts and a black or pink leotard. Hair pulled back in a ponytail or bun. Lyrical shoes or bare feet are acceptable. Shoes can be purchased through the studio.
Jumps Leaps & Turns:
Pink, black or tan tights, black leggings, or dance shorts and a black or pink leotard. It is important that teachers can see body lines. Students can wear bare feet, ballet shoes, jazz shoes, or lyrical shoes. Hair must be pulled back in a ponytail or bun.
Students should wear appropriate gymnastics leotards and/or form fitting shorts/leggings and tank top/fitted t-shirt. No pockets allowed in any of the attire. No spaghetti strap tank tops allowed. Tops cannot be baggy. No gymnastics shoes needed. Hair must be tied back for girls. Please wear socks before entering the studio. Our studio will also be selling fun gymnastics leotards.